Tuesday 23 September 2014

A minor set back but we're back in the game ...

It has been a while since I've updated this blog but here's what's been happening. As stated earlier the main floor tiles were delayed and this has pushed back other essential fittings by at least two weeks. The kitchen which was supposed to be installed on 25 August was finally installed on 10 September. 

To minimise further delay to tiling, the tile supplier made an administrative error on the selected grout and the whole floor was grouted using the standard off-white/grey grout. Luckily for us, I made a rushed decision to visit the site a day after grouting was completed and as I entered the house, the cheap looking standard grout greeted my eyes. At first, the site supervisor said that this is as grey as you get but because I've been working with colours for the past 18 years, I stood my ground and he kindly agreed to investigate. He was prompt and I got a call from the supplier admitting that an error had been made and whether I wish to get a refund for the upgrade or wish for them to rectify the situation. I chose the latter and they began working on fixing the right grout. 

This is where I was introduced to the term efflorescence which basically means grouts could react with chemicals in the slab and produce a whitish discoloration in some rare case. So its a wait and see if this happens to our grout ...  

Some picture of the bathrooms ...





No comments:

Post a Comment